The Presidential and National Assembly broadcast campaings currently going on must end on Thursday, 23rd February, 2023.
The Secretariat is therefore calling your attention to the following:
(a). Electoral Act section 94
(1) Campaign ends 24 hours before the election
(2) Political adverts must stop 24 hours before election
(b). NBC Code Section 5.3.3
(1) Ensure that broadcast of a partisan political campaign, jingle, announcement, and any other form of partisan party identification ends not later than 24hrs before polling day.
(2) Not use any vote obtained at a polling station or from an exit poll to project or speculate on the chances of a candidate.
(3) relay election results or declaration of the winner only as announced by the authorised electoral officer for the election.
Please be reminded that NBC, ARCON and INEC would closely monitor stations for violation which carries heavy penalties and imprisonment.
DO NOT ALLOW REGULATORS (NBC AND ARCON) SMILE TO BANK WHILE YOUR STATION GROANS UNDERHEAVY FINES.
Kindly pass this information to all your operational staff.
- YEMISI BAMGBOSE.
Executive Secretary, BON.