The General Assembly is the highest decision-making body with legislative and administrative mandate to realise the vision and objectives of the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON).
Established in 1973, the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria is today comprised of over 100 members and they collectively own over 250 radio and television stations.
BON’s vision is to foster a future-proof environment for radio, TV and new media broadcasters to serve their audiences and contribute to the development of our society.
BON’s mission is to continue to be the voice of the broadcasting industry in Nigeria.
The composition of the CWC (and number of seat) is made up:
- Nigerian Television Authority (1)
- Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (1)
- Voice of Nigeria (1)
- DAAR Communications (1)
- Silverbird Communications (1)
- Chair from the North West, North East, North Central, South South, South West,South East regions (6)
- Independent Broadcasters Association of Nigeria (2)
- Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer (1)